$195 Asana JumpStart: Contact us
Not sure where to start? Want to unlock Asana basic and advanced secrets? No time to read all the Asana help? A one-hour screen share + follow-up will leave you with proven solutions, best practices, and your questions answered.
About Larry Berger, Asana Certified Pro Consultant
Larry Berger , is one of just a few leading Asana consultants worldwide, and an expert in Asana usage, workflows, and API. He is a project and staff manager with over twenty years of enterprise (Fortune 500), small business, and freelance experience.
- One of the first Asana Certified Pro Consultants worldwide; certified during pilot program
- Early Asana adopter in 2012, longtime Asana consultant, beta tester, and friend of Asana
- Creator of the versatile and popular Asana2Go app: over 7k installations and all 5-star reviews
- Asana Community Forum Leader and active contributor
- #1, even ahead of Asana personnel, in Forum posts read (66k+) and viewed (12k+)
- In the top three, besides Asana personnel, for likes received (2k+) and replies (1.5k+)
Larry's background is in project and staff management of complex, startup- and enterprise-level software design and development. He has held lead roles as information architect, interaction designer, usability specialist, and developer.
"As our Asana usage increased, updating our workflow process was a daunting task for us. Larry helped us develop an improved process that saved us time and reduced confusion. Larry is great at presenting alternatives for implementation along with their costs and benefits. He went above and beyond by taking the time to coach us on the latest and greatest product improvements. Through his expert guidance and recommendations, I have become a stronger Asana user. With my increased knowledge, I have the confidence to support our team and keep us performing at a high level. Asana is a tool with many possibilities, but Larry helped us find the solutions that worked best for us. I highly recommend his services."
Asana Consulting / Training / Integrations
We begin with an assessment: Do you even need a consultant? If not, I'll tell you so and point you to Asana’s extensive self-study content.
Asana can be likened to a workshop of power tools: It offers many powerful features with few prescribed solutions, especially for your unique needs. I can help you navigate Asana's landscape to deploy appropriate, creative solutions.
I'll demonstrate alternatives from my library of customized workflow solutions and help you select from among them to put in place an architecture that will meet your goals while avoiding rework and dead ends.
Here are some ways we work with clients:
"You may be the answer to our prayers! Your remarkable sessions and Asana guidance are enabling us to reach the organizational development vision we have for this company, even in the midst of Covid response."
- Leverage your investment in Asana and improve productivity
- Streamline your existing Asana workflows
- Do more with Asana throughout your organization
- Train your Asana users cost-effectively using Larry's custom training plan
- Create and implement Asana deployment and onboarding plans
- Work alongside your team; ensure best practices take hold
- Implement off-the-shelf Asana integrations with your favorite applications
- Design and implement no-code/low-code integrations facilitated by tools such as Zapier and IFTTT
- Non-profits: I'd like to work with you pro bono or at a reduced rate
Why Asana Consulting?
Asana is a deceptively simple app that offers remarkable power and benefits for: individuals, teams, and entire organizations. Most clients I encounter are only seeing a fraction of the potential value from their Asana implementation. They're unaware of the vast range of solutions, workflows, and features Asana provides.
Even just comprehending what Asana can do is a struggle for many. I present Asana as:
- Work management and tracking: Bread-and-butter Asana usage to know who's doing what by when, eliminate work about work, and prevent tasks from falling through the cracks
- Project management: Complex or simple, no project manager required; what's the status, what's next, and what's left to do
- Workflows/pipelines/mini-applications: Streamline and standardize processes, e. g., an editorial calendar, recruiting tracker, or approach to manage 1:1s with your staff
- Information repositories: E. g., department policies/procedures, project documentation, even a lightweight CRM
When so many needs can be so well-accommodated by Asana, many benefits accrue if you more fully utilize Asana, perhaps even eliminating redundant apps from your tool landscape:
- Greater productivity
- Enhanced collaboration
- Clarity and simplicity
- Reduced costs
Our Asana Consulting services will enable you to unlock these benefits quickly, effectively, and comprehensively with best-of-class workflow solutions from one of the leading Asana Certified Pro consultants worldwide.
"Larry introduced Asana to our firm and it has immeasurably improved our ability to be consistently focused, organized and effective in managing work across the company. Now we can't imagine business without it. Larry's customized demos were instrumental in getting our CEO to be an initial champion of the tool. He was a hands-on trainer for our early adopters and created self-study tutorials that are the foundation for how we on-board new users today. He helped us develop the architecture for complex initiatives and created project templates that helped us get off the ground."
"Your one-hour JumpStart provided many rich insights and I will keep building on the help you provided. So far, I’ve incorporated Milestones and Status Updates to our heavy project workload. This has allowed me a better understanding of what’s happening at any given time. I look forward to working with you again."
Flexible Reporting with Asana2Go
Larry conceived, designed, and developed the Asana2Go app which allows you to copy, export and print from Asana flexibly. It is free for most private and commercial use, well-reviewed (all 5-Star ratings), and popular (over 7k installations).
"Ground-breaking . . . [A] great reporting tool."
"It does reporting just the way Asana should be doing."
"Really impressed. . . . [A] lot of requests . . . will be solved by this tool."
Featured Articles and Videos by Larry
Architectural Balance in Asana (Ebook Free Chapter)
This chapter helps you decide how to set up your work in Asana.
Asana often provides more than one way to accomplish something. This is good: we can do more with Asana as a result. But there’s a downside too: How can we avoid less-desirable solutions, and especially ones that even may lead to dead ends?
“Should I make this a Project or a Team?” This question, and others like it, comes up often when starting something new in Asana, for both novices and experts alike. And it’s really just the tip of the iceberg.
How can you envision the structural, big-picture view of what you want to accomplish and translate that into an architectural framework in Asana that will enable your workflows, processes and information repository needs durably and flexibly, now and as they scale?
Creating Goals (OKRs) in Asana: Clarification and Best Practices
This article offers some helpful explanations and simple best practices to pave the way for putting Asana’s Goals feature to immediate use, especially for OKRs (Objectives and Key Results).
Not Impressed With This Website?
We do not have the eye-catchers you have in mind; with us, the buyers are not disappointed by entering the shop and finding nothing more than was hung up outside.
-- Letter from Seneca to his friend Lucilius (XXXIII.3-4)
Asana is a trademark and service mark of Asana, Inc., registered in the U.S. and in other countries.